Say no to Piracy... But how?




Say no to piracy is the first video that I come across for any movie CD/DVD that I hire from my neighborhood Video rental store. The question is how? Although a good amount of money is invested by the Film Industry to publicise this message, but have they ever wondered how would the audience manage?
Come on.. Lets get down to the basics. There are so many people, like me, who would not like to have pirated versions of the music and Films. and are even ready to shell down some money. But then... how do we manage to get what we want. The point I am trying to drive across is, "How do I get it?" The winning point of this war between piracy versus anti-piracy is "ACCESSIBILITY"
Let me explain through my recent experience. The music for Om Shanti Om was releasing on September 15th 2007. In my war against Piracy, I sincerely went to the nearest Odessey Store in Hyderabad Central to buy the ACD and lo! The cd is not yet available. I have repeatedly asked for the ACD in the Audio/Video rental stores, in a hope that they might have.. but no. and search for the same song in limewire and within 3 seconds, I get more than 27 results.
What does that mean?
Just imagine if I had the song that I wanted, would I have searched for the same on Limewire?
If the things that audience wants is accesible to them as easy as the pirated stuff, I am sure there are thousands of people, who dont mind spening a few extra rupees to buy the original ones.
What do you think?

1 comment:

cheekymonk said...

i see your point. Makes sense.. Few days ago, I was tlaking to a friend on the same topic. Its also about making it affordable. Not just about movies or music.. even softwares and everything.

How much does it take to burn a movie on a dvd honestly? 15 bucks persay. For the original idea and all, if someone is charging me 25-30 bucks for a movie DVD, I would buy. Same as with Softwares.. for eg: 600$ for a windows Vista cd? No thanks.. I am good with what I have!